Monday 21 February 2011

Maya modelling, Zbrush shading.

As I'm looking at Zbrush from the very basics I've spent some time modelling a simple tree in Maya and exported it to Zbrush for texturing. By doing this I have learnt how to prepare a model for export and work between the two programs for both the model and it's very important division levels, and the painted texture in Zbrush into a UV texture in Maya.

This has been a very helpful excercise, making me ready and prepared to begin constructing and editing more important models.

From experimenting like this I am also seeing how building and developing each model seperately may be an advantage for my own development. This means that I must soon create an edited production schedule, or at least outline main models and plans for their construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment